Maine Real Estate Management’s team works with both landlords and tenants. Our staff is well versed in all aspects of property rentals, including local and national laws, rules and regulations, market conditions, pricing strategies, and appropriate lease requirements. We maintain an up-to-date roster of commercial and residential rentals in the greater Bangor area and surrounding towns.
Maine Real Estate Management operates under a strong business code based on ethics, values, and best practices for the industry. Our business integrity allows our clients and tenants to be confident that they are working with a company that they can trust. Following is a list of services we offer:
Leasing/Tenant Placement Service
- Listing your property on www.leasebangor.com and other appropriate property rental web sites.
- Placement of advertising in the appropriate publications.
- Receiving rental calls and showing your property to prospective tenants.
- Tenant screening including background check, credit check, evictions history, rental references check, and income verification prior to acceptance.
- Executing lease agreement and other required documents, including move-in inspection forms.
- Collecting first month's rent and security deposits.
Fiscal Management Service
- Collection of monthly rents.
- Access to owner login on www.mremservices.com to see live property-related financial reports, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, rent rolls, vacancy listings, and many more.
- Inclusive monthly accounting reports detailing income and expenses related to your property.
- Year-end accounting summary of your account and 1099s.
- Payment of owner’s bills including mortgage, property taxes, insurance, utilities, maintenance, and anything else as directed.
- Providing owner with fully itemized monthly invoices and statements.
- Handling proper documentation of security deposit return or withholding.
- Paying to owner or depositing to owner's account amounts received in excess of required disbursements.
Complete Property Management Services:
Includes Fiscal Management services as well Tenant Placement Services.
- Handling requests for repairs and maintenance.
- Coordinating and making payment for required repairs or maintenance work.
- Periodic inspections of the property during lease in order to ensure proper maintenance.
- Arranging tenant relations, notices and evictions when necessary.
- In person service to tenants of all necessary notices.
- Delivery of 7 day notices terminating the lease if rent has not been paid to any necessary tenant by the fifteenth day of each month.
- Prompt coordination of a court action to evict tenant in the event that rent is not paid.
- A final inspection and closing statement, upon tenants vacating the property.
- Prompt turnover of vacant properties and preparation for residence to be rented again.